Record the video output
Select your Syphon stream on the bottom-left side of the Syphon Recorder’s interface (‘Master – EboSuite’ in the example shown above). In most cases this will be done correct automatically. Next, just press the ‘Snapshot’ button (to make a picture) or ‘Record’ button (to make a movie).
Adding audio to your movie recording
The Syphon Recorder application only records the video output. To add audio to your recorded movie do the following:
- in case of a live performance: record the audio in Ableton Live during the performance on an audio track
- when not a live performance: render the audio of your composition using Ableton Live’s export audio feature
- drag the movie file recorded with Syphon Recorder to an audio track in Ableton Live. This will open Ableton Live’s standard video output window.
- drag the recorded/rendered audio file to an audio track below the movie file in Ableton Live
- sync the audio and movie file by moving the audio file
- export the audio and video tracks to a new movie file using Ableton Live’s export audio/video feature. Learn more about exporting video from Ableton Live using the standard export function in the Ableton Live manual.