With the eCrossfade plug-in you can mix your video tracks with Ableton Live’s crossfade using different blend modes and visual effects.
Adding the eCrossfade plug-in to your Live set
To add the eCrossfade plug-in to your Live set just drag the plug-in from the EboSuite plug-ins folder to any track.
To use the eCrossfade plug-in’s visual effects assign at least two video tracks to the AB crossfade sources. Once assigned, you can control the audio and video mix between these tracks with Ableton Live’s crossfader or manually with the slider in the eCrossfade plug-in’s interface.
When the eCrossfade plug-in is loaded on a track you can select different visual effects to enhance your crossfade mix. Currently there are ten crossfade effects available:
- XFade -Â standard opacity fade from A to B
- Additive -Â fade from A to B using additive compositing
- Multiply – fade from A to B using multiply compositing
- Difference – fade from A to B using difference compositing
- Luma – fade from A to B using luma keying
- Chroma – fade from A to B using chroma keying
- WipeSide – wipe from A to B
- WipeMid – wipe from A to B
- WipeCircular – wipe from A to B
- WipeVertical – wipe from A to B
Alternate on beat
Use the ‘Alternate on beat’ toggle when more than one video track is assigned to a crossfade channel (set to ‘A’ or ‘B’). When the Alternate on beat toggle is checked, EboSuite will automatically switch on the beat between video tracks that are assigned to the same crossfade channel.